Our economies and our lives fundamentally depend on the natural ecosystems upon which life on earth is based. The forests in particular represent the “lungs of the earth”. Progressive, eco-system based forest stewardship is not an option, it is a requirement if we are to avert irreversible forest destruction.
The Trust for Sustainable Forestry
- TSF strives to inspire and enable the growth of ecosystem based forestry.
- Ann Mortifee is a Founding Member and the current Chair of TSF.
- Peter Mortifee is a Director and the Treasurer of TSF.
- TSF is a registered Canadian charity in a social enterprise partnership with Living Forest Communities.
Living Forest Communities
- LFC is a for-profit community development company that is in a social enterprise partnership with the Trust for Sustainable Forestry.
- Canopy safeguards forests and the environment by harnessing the power of the marketplace and changing business practices. It was founded by Ashoka Fellow, Nicole Rycroft.
- We believe that they are a part of ushering in the conscious capitalism that we need to fully embrace and manifest.
- Forest Ethics’ mission is to protect endangered forests, wildlife and human well-being.
- They are on the front line of forest protection and progressive stewardship, including with the Great Bear Rainforest initiative in British Columba.
Photograph: The magnificent coastal rainforest at Lighthouse Park in Vancouver, British Columbia.