The granting of charitable disbursements is only one way to move towards our vision and live our mission. In addition, we strive to manage our endowed capital in ways that support both. We believe that social innovation also includes the advancement of responsible investment, social finance and the creation of imaginative & profitable social enterprises. We also believe that in order to achieve the long term changes required to solve our most challenging social and environmental problems, mainstream financial systems and marketplaces must become part of the solutions.
- Sustainalytics is a leading global provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and analysis for the investment industry.
- We believe their pioneering work to be a necessary and fundamental component of the new direction that mainstream financial markets must embrace as business becomes part of the social and environmental solutions we require.
- Renewal Funds provides an opportunity for investors to participate in the development of business at the forefront of social and environmental innovation.
- It represents a sector of capitalism that will grow to become the mainstream.
Sarona Asset Management
- Sarona is a private equity firm, investing growth capital in small to mid-market companies and private equity funds in frontier and emerging markets around the world.
- Its goal is to achieve superior returns by creating world class companies employing highly progressive business strategies, and operating to the highest standards of business, ethical, social and environmental excellence.
Coalition of Universities for Responsible Investing (CURI)
- CURI is a forum for dialogue, collaborative action and education on socially and environmentally responsible investing among Canadian universities.
- We believe that the responsible investment of financial assets is a pillar of ‘walking the talk’ when it comes to sustainability.
Shareholder Association for Research & Education (SHARE)
- SHARE is a Canadian leader in responsible investment services, research and education for institutional investors.
- Its vision is for owners of capital to promote sustainable prosperity and realize enhanced returns by taking responsibility for the impact of their investments.
Photograph: The Shire river, a tributary of the great Zambezi, in Malawi, Africa.