We believe that social entrepreneurs, people with innovative, scalable, system changing ideas, are the key drivers of the changes and solutions we require to solve some our most vexing social and environmental challenges.
- Ashoka strives to shape a global, entrepreneurial, competitive citizen sector: one that allows social entrepreneurs to thrive and enables the world’s citizens to think and act as Changemakers.
- Ashoka has identified over 3000 system changing social entrepreneurs over the last 30 years – Ashoka Fellows – and galvanized a global movement of dedicated changemakers.
- Many of the initiatives that we support were founded and are run by Ashoka Fellows.
Ashoka Support Network
- The ASN is a global community of about 300 (and growing) changemakers who believe in Ashoka, its Fellows and its programs. ASN members provide financial support, personal engagement and introductions to networks of additional supporters.
- Both Peter and Nancy are members of the Ashoka Support Network
BC Partners for Social Impact
- The Partners represent a wide and diverse section of BC and include leaders in nonprofits, businesses, universities, community groups, and all levels of government. The goal is to implement recommendations, share information and anticipate opportunities to maximize social innovation with social impact in British Columbia.
Tides Canada Foundation
- Tides Canada provides innovative philanthropic, financial and project management services for changemakers – philanthropists, foundations, activists and civil organizations.
- Tides Canada is a leader in the Canadian citizen sector.
Photograph: A young couple and child on the family vehicle moving forward in Tamil Nadu, India.